Letter from the Editor…
I can hardly believe that 2019 is almost over and we are heading into a brand-new year! As I reflect on ‘the year that was’ I am filled with so much excitement, happiness, sense of achievement, gratitude, but also increased self-awareness and acknowledgement of how much I have personally learnt and grown this year. There has been lots of hard work and dedication, but I would honestly not have it any other way and am so passionate about The Daily Pretty as a knowledge and empowerment community and platform for women. We have featured, interviewed and worked with some amazing women and brands in 2019, and one of the things I love the most about cultivating TDP is that with each and every article, interview, collaboration and podcast episode I learn and take away so much which continues to fuel my own passion and inspiration, not to mention motivation!
We asked, you told, we are listening!
We recently did a poll on our Instagram stories to find out what you are loving, want more of and opened up the suggestion box for what would help you more across business, career and lifestyle in 2020…because ultimately TDP is a community for women, by women and our number one goal is to provide your go-to for motivation, inspiration, education, empowerment, #tdpgirlsquad vibes and to have some fun along the way. So we asked, you have let us know what you want more of (BIG thank you to everyone who helped us out!) and we are listening GF’s! Always feel free to get in touch, we love to chat! Stay tuned for more female focused content across career and business, a whole lotta lifestyle, plus we will be ramping up some other topical areas that you are all super interested in.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on the year that was…
- We interviewed 31 amazing women across #mymoderncareer, #bethegirl, #girltalk, women in business and entrepreneurs
- We welcomed 12 guest contributors to share their knowledge, expertise and advise across finance, health and well-being, nutrition just to name a few
- We featured 15 ah-mazing brands
- We covered topics like how to stay motivated, relationships in your 20’s, flipping procrastination, your morning routine and transformational habits in our lifestyle reads
- Did someone say a giveaway? Yes we had some of those too!
- The blog had over 15k+ views (wowzers)
- I interviewed 11 wonderful ladies on the podcast who shared an absolute wealth of knowledge, expertise and real life experiences and advice that you simply cannot find in a business book!
- Our Insta fam across TDP and Be The Girl Podcast reached over 13k (thank you each and every one of you! You rock!)
- We were featured on Yes Queen and The Happy Employee
Time to reflect
As I write this and reflect on 2019, I encourage you to do the same – take 10 minutes to sit down and write out your highlights, lowlights, lessons learned, successes, memorable moments and what you are most grateful for. This will set the scene for setting intentions, goals and planning for 2020 (I like to follow this exact process!). Episode 1 of Be the Girl Podcast will be out in January, and I will be diving into end of year reflection, what I do, how I do it and the value and benefits of it, setting the scene and mindset for 2020 planning and goal setting, tips, tricks and my go-to tools and resources and some mood boarding so look out for that one if you want to get laser focused, have stretch goals but also be realistic (because I’m all about that healthy hustle!)
So, a huge thank you to each and every one of our #tdpsquad, I am so thrilled to start a new year, to keep growing, showing up and raising the bar while having a heap of fun along the way and am so excited to be on this journey and share it with you – we got this!
Wishing you all a fab NYE, whatever you have planned, I will be spending it with my nearest and dearest!
Chat soon…but in the meantime you can find me over here on Instagram where you can expect lots of gratitude, good vibes and girl power!