Branka is one of those people you meet who you instantly feel like ‘she knows her stuff’, whether it be around copy writing, customer experience communication strategy or graphic design or by her ‘get it done’ approach and driven work ethic. Add to that a super powered laugh (that no matter how crappy your day is will make you laugh too) and a beautifully warm presence and you have a super talented mama of two who founded and grown the amazing One Tiny Tribe. I caught up with Branka to talk all things business, favourite design from the range and to get her advice for busy mamas out there who are thinking about starting their own gig. This interview is extra special for TDP, as I have had the pleasure of working with Branka at a fintech startup and to now see her business flourish is truly amazing! Prepare yourself ladies for an abundance of advice, knowledge and inspiration from this super talented lady, who tells me she is also about to open a cafe, which has me wondering…does she sleep?!
Hi Chantelle, welcome to our #bethegirl interview series. We would love to know more about your business, why you decided to take the leap and your advice and financial tips for women in business.
What is The Digital CFO all about?
We all know you can have a bookkeeper and everyone always thinks accountants can do tax but there are people in between that provide the analysis, review, reporting and strategic decision making. And that’s me – The Digital CFO. I am a conduit between your bookkeeper and can talk to your tax accountant. Or, perhaps you want me to do your accounts as well. But fortunately I leave tax and compliance to the specialists! A Virtual CFO helps you get your business ready for challenges by planning, having accurate and relevant financial data and they really get the business landscape. A Virtual CFO like myself, gets small business because I’m part of one as my husband runs his own building company and I spent ten years working for a family business that grew exponentially! I operate remotely, but if businesses are local we can arrange for some onsite support.
Read More »
Do you struggle in the a.m.? Dread the alarm going off? Hit snooze repeatedly? Then this blog post is for you babe….
I have ALWAYS struggled with early mornings, growing up I can remember making my mum late in the mornings because of my distaste to want to wake up, get out from under the covers and embrace the day (sorry mum!). As an adult, I have learnt not to be so dramatic and well…more smiley, but I definitely still have my moments!
While I don’t bound out of bed like some people, there are a few super simple things I have been trying in my morning routine to embrace the mornings as it really is the best part of the day. If you ARE a morning person, this topic may seem completely irrelevant…but you may still pick up a handy hint to help improve your start to the day and ultimately set the tone for the rest of it!
- Move your alarm away from your bedside table: that way you have to get up to turn it off! Once you are out of bed, stay up and get moving!
- Do not fall into the ‘scroll’ trap on your phone: If your alarm is on your phone (isn’t everyone’s?) turn it off and put the phone down
- Water first (with lemon or apple cider vinegar optional), tea or coffee second: have a big glass of water first thing to rehydrate, then reach for your warm cup of happiness to get things moving
- Put on some music: this has made a huge difference to my mood! Pick something light and uplifting
- Write your gratitude, to-do list, goals: this helps clear your head, put things into perspective, get some focus for your day and encourage positivity
- Work out, yoga or walk: I’m not going to lie – I still really struggle exercising in the morning (have always been an afternoon/evening gal) but I’m really trying to switch it up and incorporate some morning movement
- Breakfast: do not skip it! My favourite thing to do is prep my smoothie the night before so it just needs a quick blend and it’s ready to go
- Have your outfit ready the night before: super simple but super effective and saves sooo much time
- Have your laptop bag organised and ready: searching for your daily essentials is annoying and time consuming, have it ready to rock the night before
- Have one day a week to sleep in (Sunday is my fave): then you will really, truly enjoy your sleep in!
Are you a morning person or is the struggle real for you too?!
Let me know on TDP’s Instagram! #tdpsquad
Have an amazing Friday!