Welcome to our Guest Contributor, Tamarin from EmpowHER Healing…
It’s such a loaded topic.
Every single female I’ve ever encountered in my life suffers at one point or another from a lack of self-worth. Obviously, all genders experience a battle with their worthiness, but since I work solely with women, my assertion is focused on women. As women, I feel as though our collective default setting is; lack of self-worth and a very powerful presence of self-doubt. It’s almost as if when we are born, we have a default setting that lies dormant within us. We are born with a blank slate, except for this dormant default setting. The dormant default setting is self-doubt + a lack of self-worth. A diminished sense of worthiness. This default setting remains dormant within us until a certain age. And then it ravages us from the inside out. Our energetic centers and chakras become blocked because of it. It influences our life decisions. Most importantly, it dims our perspective on ourselves and overshadows our true, and limitless potential.
See, here’s the thing. You are enough. You are more than enough. Anyone who has ever made you feel otherwise, is just energy. You attract the people/energy into your life based on the way you feel about yourself. Upon reflecting on my own journey of self-worth (or lack of), something profound comes to mind. The times in my past where my self-worth was weak, where I so deeply craved approval, attention etc, were the exact times where I was not truly aligned. During these times, I attracted people (lovers and friends) who possesses weak boundaries. They were quick to judge me and my behavior. Why? Because they were mirrors for my soul. They were there to show me that I, in fact was not aligned. That I too possessed weak boundaries, and a low level of worthiness. They did not approve / accept me, because I did not approve and accept me.
The moment I took self-worth into my own hands, delved deep and really committed myself to do the inner work (which is continuous), I began to attract high-vibrating people. I attracted the love of my life. In retrospect, I now see that everyone before was simply a mirror to my lack of self-worth.
How to level up and strengthen your sense of self-worth?
- Daily affirmations
- Self-care – whatever this means to you!
- Work on releasing blockages in your Solar Plexus. A lot of our self-doubt + lack of self-worth is a byproduct of blockages in the Solar Plexus. Our Solar Plexus chakra is located in our stomach region, around our belly-button
- Imbalances of the Solar Plexus can also manifest in the physical body, and result in many digestive issues such as; overeating, excessive weight around the stomach, IBS etc
- Yellow is the color of the solar plexus, and therefore Yellow crystals assist in releasing blockages in the Solar Plexus area. Crystals such as; Yellow citrine, is amazing for the Solar Plexus, and yellow Labradorite also activates the Solar Plexus
- Focus on eating / drinking yellow – this can mean yellow juices, yellow smoothies, yellow soups, yellow curries, yellow fruit and vegetables
- Think of wearing yellow clothing or an accessory
- Visualize yellow light around your solar plexus (stomach/belly region)
- Burn incense or essential oils which aid the release of blockages in the Solar Plexus. essential oils or incense such as; saffron, musk, sandalwood, ginger, and cinnamon
Thank you so much for this amazing piece on self worth Tamarin! Follow EmpowHER on Instagram for more.